More About The Doctor:
Dr. Mazen Abou Chaaban is an expert in Pediatrics and Pediatrics Nephrology in Dubai. He has Fachartz in Pediatrics (Highest Specialty in Pediatrics) and Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology.
Dr. Mazen received his undergraduate college and medical degrees from the prestigious Ain Shams University Cairo/Egypt (1978) and License to Practice Medicine is completed in Egypt & Germany (1980 & 1983). He worked and lectured at the University Children’s Hospital for a decade before relocating to UAE. He was recruited by the government hospital in Dubai to establish the First Pediatric Nephrology Unit in 1991 in Addition to his Pediatric Expertise gained from Germany- cologne.
He was also a Senior Lecturer at Dubai Medical College, and have extended his expertise in Pediatrics and kidney disease as a Consultant in both fields through the Emirates Specialty Hospital, Dr. Mazen’ s Polyclinic, American Hospital in Dubai, Mediclinic City Hospital, Al Mousa Medical Centre, Wellness Medical Center and MedGate Center etc. He was also appointed as Chief Medical Director at Emirates Specialty Hospital managing over 300 staff ranging between doctors and medical staff.
He is very knowledgeable on issues related to the daily administrative and operational functions with strong leadership, decision making skills and implementer.
In 2018, he was nominated and awarded for the Top 50 Smart Healthcare Leaders in UAE apart from the other awards he has received.
Area of Interest Neonatal Care:
Assessment of Nutrition, Growth and Neurological Development of Neonates
- • Assess of growth and development of children and adolescence having different medical problems
- • Assessment of behavioral and educational disturbances in children., Bronchial Asthma, Allergic Disorders, Diabetes Mellitus
- • Short Stature, Obesity and Nutritional Disorders
- • Vaccination, Kidney and Urinary System Care
- • Urinary Tract Infection
- • Bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis)
- • All Glomerular as well as tubular Diseases of the kidney
- • Hereditary Diseases of the renal System
- • Blood pressure Disorders, Kidney Function Disturbance
- • Post Kidney Transplantation Care, Dialysis (Peritoneal & Hemodialysis), Pre-natal diagnosis of Congenital Renal and urinary tract malformation, Ante natal assessment of kidney morphology and function, Vaccination
- • Co-President of the Emirates Medical Association, Nephrology Society (EMAN)
- • President of Pan Arab Pediatric Nephrology Association (PAPNA)
- • German Society of Pediatrics
- • German Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- • International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
- • Arab Society of Nephrology & Kidney Transplantation
- • International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
- • International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD)
- • Pan Arab Pediatric Nephrology Association (PAPNA)
- • Emirates Medical Association, Pediatric Society
- • Emirates Medical Association, Nephrology Association
- • Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery
- • Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology
- • Fachartz in Pediatrics (Highest Speciality in Pediatrics)
- • License to Practice Medicine